Lisa Murray provides professional development training and consulting for business and medical professionals. Lisa is a certified executive coach and licensed facilitator for leadership trainings. She currently is the practice administrator at Hartzell Eye Specialists.
(The following seminars can be held at your workplace or another location)
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Emotional intelligence is now recognized as one of the most powerful indicators for success in any business.
- Learn how to work more effectively with others, even challenging personalities.
- Understand how emotions can interfere with healthy workplace dynamics when they are not managed properly.
- Identify the emotionally intelligent traits of successful leaders.
Using Emotional Intelligence in Healthcare
There is a growing body of evidence that suggests emotional intelligence influences patient outcomes and organizational success.
- Identify the traits of emotionally intelligent healthcare providers and support staff.
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence during a patient exam that helps each patient feel respected and understood.
Communicate Effectively With Anyone!
Clear, effective communication between individuals, teams, and departments is an important part of any successful organization.
- Learn how to be a direct, assertive communicator in any situation.
- Identify the 3 distinct communication styles and ways to interact with each style.
- Become more aware of your body language and what it communicates to others.
- Learn how to overcome the fear of dealing with conflict.
Who's In Charge?
Are you in a position of leadership in your organization? You can have a powerful influence on employee morale and productivity.
- Understand how your tone, mood, and behavior influence employee performance.
- Learn how to build rapport with employees and set standards for professional behavior.
- Identify strategies to hold employees accountable for unacceptable behavior.
- Learn ways to improve employee productivity.
Every employee in an organization has a preferred style of communicating, interacting with others, and dealing with stress. The four styles have a predictable pattern of strengths and blind spots. Being aware of these styles will enable you to enhance your team's productivity and leverage your strengths.
- Take an online assessment and learn what specific characteristics are associated with your style.
- Increase your self-awareness and be more prepared to deal with stress in the workplace.
- Learn how to "flex" your style to adapt to difficult situations.
Professionalism in the Workplace
Each industry has sets of professional standards or behaviors that are expected.
- Identify workplace-specific professional standards for conduct.
- Name ways to increase your personal professionalism.
- Learn how to hold employees accountable for unprofessional behavior.
The Emotionally Intelligent Interview
A poor hiring will affect your bottom line. You waste time, energy, and money. Finding the right person isn't always easy. You may find candidates for the position that have similar skills and education, but how do you know they will fit into the culture of your business and be able to perform well?
- Learn how to ask specific, emotionally intelligent questions that give insight to a candidate's resilience, self-awareness, initiative, and assertiveness in the workplace.
- Understand body language and what it communicates during the interview.
- Learn how to feel more confident when making a final decision.
All training sessions are designed uniquely to meet a company's specific needs.
If you have another training request or would like a proposal for one of the topics listed, please contact Lisa Murray at [email protected] or 7171-243-8606, ext. 104
Lisa is also available for individual consulting on a variety of topics. She can meet with individual employees or leaders in the company to work on potential areas of professional growth.